Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Roy Hodgson 'Confirmed As New Liverpool Boss'

Post by iamarover » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:22 am

Liverpool owners lose case in High Court AND refused the right to appeal

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:34 am

Regrettably, Thomas Hicks and George Gillett obtained a Temporary Restraining Order from a Texas District Court against the independent directors, Royal Bank of Scotland PLC and NESV, to prevent the transaction being completed.
You've got to admire their underhandedness, even if they're just delaying the inevitable...

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:36 pm

So wait...the texas court injuction must have been a stalling tactic to let them offload their shares to Mill before the board could push the other sale through. Very cunning.

Doesn't look good for the existing board then - I'd imagine first thing on the agenda will be to remove the existing board and replace them with Mill Stooges. :scratch:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:48 pm

An amusing comment to this guardian article.
A poster named 'may14th1966' wrote:
There was a time, not all that long ago, when Everton were a better club than Liverpool. There was no magic to why -- they just had better people running, and playing for, the club [yes, John Moores spent a few quid, but it was merely a few quid more than Liverpool -- not his, or anyone else's, fortune].

Liverpool fans reacted to this by complaining, mostly good-naturedly, that Everton only did well because of the Littlewoods chequebook. Bollocks.

Didn't really matter to us all, though, because we'd each win our share, along with about 10-12 other teams who could win in any given season. It was the game that mattered. It was the game. We were all happy with the game.

Now, no-one's happy with the game. The game doesn't matter. Only winning matters. because winning gets you more . . . money.

But, we've still got people all over here saying things like, "show these so-called businessmen that the city of Liverpool is about more than money".

Mate -- there isn't a Liverpool fan ANYWHERE who's interested in ANYTHING other than money. Your Chairman, your board, your players, the lot of you. That's all you can talk about -- money for a second Torres, money for a bigger squad, money for a stadium, money to pay off the debt. If you can avoid becoming the Leeds of this decade, the best you'll do is to become the poster child for the movement away from the game and toward money.

I don't like that, but I don't control how you live. but I wish some of you would grow up, take a truth pill and save us all the sanctimonious twaddle. Most of you would pee in Shankly's grave if you could buy a fix for Nando's hamstring.

Give us a break.
:lol:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:54 pm

I think the obvious solution is just to dissolve Liverpool football club... :lol:

It doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. If Mill Financial owned half the club anyway, why did they sit back and let the court decide the RBS guy had the right to sell their stake in the club at a significant loss? What was the point of the court case if Hicks could sell his shares to whoever he wanted anyway? How do Liverpool fans function?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Rover the Top wrote:I think the obvious solution is just to dissolve Liverpool football club... :lol:

It doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. If Mill Financial owned half the club anyway, why did they sit back and let the court decide the RBS guy had the right to sell their stake in the club at a significant loss? What was the point of the court case if Hicks could sell his shares to whoever he wanted anyway? How do Liverpool fans function?
I'm not sure where I read it, but I'm pretty sure Mill Financial only owned 70% of Gillet's 50% share until they alledgedly bought Hicks out. :-?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 pm

And now we have a report saying Hicks hasn't sold his shares.

Mind you, if it's confusing for us to follow, it must be impossible for Liverpool fans, what with this concept of 'buying' something keep coming up...

Lincoln Rover
Promising youngster

Post by Lincoln Rover » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:59 pm

That stance appears to be backed up by Royal Bank of Scotland, the club's major creditors whose deadline for the repayment of a £237million loan expires on Friday, and the Premier League.
So what happens if nothing is sorted by Friday? :-?

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Rover the Top wrote:And now we have a report saying Hicks hasn't sold his shares.

Mind you, if it's confusing for us to follow, it must be impossible for Liverpool fans, what with this concept of 'buying' something keep coming up...
Now that was uncalled for.
The BBC wrote:Liverpool's owners have suffered another setback after the High Court granted an injunction against their own injunction to block the club's sale.
Injunctivitis.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:26 pm

Ethiaa wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:And now we have a report saying Hicks hasn't sold his shares.

So are most of my quips, why get sensitive now? ;)

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:

So are most of my quips, why get sensitive now? ;)
No doubt I'm a Liverpool fan deep down. It's probably just because I'm so used to being protective about poor Mike in this city of morons.