Current Events/News

There must be more to life than football?
Gibbon
Promising manager

Re: Current Events/News

Post by Gibbon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Worth reading down the replies too. :lol:

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:04 am

The gif debate is awesome - although it took an awfully long time to get where you knew it would end up.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:03 am

Took me a moment to realise the connection. :oops:

I guess they only thing I'd say is it's like calling ISIS "terrorists", the targets will receive it as a positive rather than a negative. Just calling them "shitheads" is probably more effective... :yeahright:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:41 am

It looks like Hurricane Harvey has been downgraded to a tropical storm overnight so hopefully it'll be a lot less perilous when/if the main body of it reaches you Waco. Hope you and your friends and family are all safe.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:24 am

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:32 am

Good time to swap your cats for gold.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:07 am

And your gold for ALL THE FOOD AND PROPERTY AND STUFFS.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:18 am

Kipchoge runs marathon distance in under 2 hours!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/athletics/49771509

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:12 am

Who knew that bringing charges against someone for political reasons and then asking your opponents to pass judgement would end in acquital? Everyone bar the Democrat party, presumably?

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:29 pm

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:12 am
Who knew that bringing charges against someone for political reasons and then asking your opponents to pass judgement would end in acquital? Everyone bar the Democrat party, presumably?
I dunno, it's pretty obvious that Trump has totally abused his position as president. However, for political reasons, they rushed it through. Had they been more thorough, which would have given more time for other witnesses to come forward prior to impeachment, then I think the case against Trump would have been pretty difficult to acquit, without setting an extremely dangerous precedent.

As it stands, I think the Repuboican Senate would acquit Trump for political reasons, regardless of the crime....

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:28 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:21 pm
Rover the Top wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:12 am
I dunno, it's pretty obvious that Trump has totally abused his position as president. However, for political reasons, they rushed it through. Had they been more thorough, which would have given more time for other witnesses to come forward prior to impeachment, then I think the case against Trump would have been pretty difficult to acquit, without setting an extremely dangerous precedent.

As it stands, I think the Repuboican Senate would acquit Trump for political reasons, regardless of the crime....
Exactly, that's what I was saying. Everyone knew before the process even got going that impeaching Trump would need an ironclad case that would turn his support against him, otherwise the Republicans in the Senate would acquit. The Democrats did the same with Clinton, so there's not even any moral high ground for them to take. It's a major worry for America and the world that Trump's opposition are this gormless. The worst thing you can do in a democracy is appear to show a lack of respect for the system because you didn't get your way.