F1

There must be more to life than football?
User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 18338
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: F1

Post by Gibbon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:25 am

Hello. My name is Gibbon. I'm an argumentwithnathanaholic, and I've been clean for 21 days. :hyper:

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15399
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: F1

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:26 am

Gibbon wrote:Hello. My name is Gibbon. I'm an argumentwithnathanaholic, and I've been clean for 21 days. :hyper:
:lol:

User avatar
nathanolder
Regular international
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Kent

Re: F1

Post by nathanolder » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:44 pm

Jim wrote:No... no... no...

I've resisted long enough but now I must stick my oar in.

Okay... what you are saying is that one lapse of concentration, one incident, can cost you a race, not one bad lap... its not the lap in its entireity that costs you the race, its the one or two seconds lapse in concentration in the braking zones or in the pit lane or during overtaking that can cost you everything.

Be it Hamilton when he ran into the back of Raikonnen in the Pits, Kubica when he had that huge crash in Canada, or hundreds of other examples.

The race as a whole can always be salvaged... I remember Hamilton in GP2 when he was sent to the back of the grid and he came through the entire field and finished second, so its not always doom and gloom.

Individual laps only matter in qualifying, they are inconsequential during the race... ask any F1 driver to remember a lap during the race... I bet you they would look at you blankly. Ask them about a incident, or event, such as a yellow flag, safety car, overtake, pit stop, crash or anything and they will instantly be able to relate to it.
WTF!

Are you really interested in F1 ? I'd say no after that comment.
Ask a driver about the race he would say " Lap 27 was great after i passed Webber" or "Lap 35 was tricky when it started to Rain"


Races are made up from individual laps. So to win the race, YOU HAVE TO BE FAST ON AN INDIVIDUAL LAP.

As i said before......... To get a good race time, 1st you must have good individual laps!
As i said before......... To get a good race time, 1st you must have good individual laps!
As i said before......... To get a good race time, 1st you must have good individual laps!
As i said before......... To get a good race time, 1st you must have good individual laps!
As i said before......... To get a good race time, 1st you must have good individual laps!

User avatar
watty
Promising youngster
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Wrightington

Re: F1

Post by watty » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:53 pm

nathanolder wrote:
WTF!

Are you really interested in F1 ? I'd say no after that comment.
Ask a driver about the race he would say " Lap 27 was great after i passed Webber" or "Lap 35 was tricky when it started to Rain"


Races are made up from individual laps. So to win the race, YOU HAVE TO BE FAST ON AN INDIVIDUAL LAP.

As i said before......... To get a good race time, 1st you must have good individual laps!
As i said before......... To get a good race time, 1st you must have good individual laps!
As i said before......... To get a good race time, 1st you must have good individual laps!
As i said before......... To get a good race time, 1st you must have good individual laps!
As i said before......... To get a good race time, 1st you must have good individual laps!

Wrong :numpty;

User avatar
watty
Promising youngster
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Wrightington

Re: F1

Post by watty » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:54 pm

Jim wrote:No... no... no...

I've resisted long enough but now I must stick my oar in.

Okay... what you are saying is that one lapse of concentration, one incident, can cost you a race, not one bad lap... its not the lap in its entireity that costs you the race, its the one or two seconds lapse in concentration in the braking zones or in the pit lane or during overtaking that can cost you everything.

Be it Hamilton when he ran into the back of Raikonnen in the Pits, Kubica when he had that huge crash in Canada, or hundreds of other examples.

The race as a whole can always be salvaged... I remember Hamilton in GP2 when he was sent to the back of the grid and he came through the entire field and finished second, so its not always doom and gloom.

Individual laps only matter in qualifying, they are inconsequential during the race... ask any F1 driver to remember a lap during the race... I bet you they would look at you blankly. Ask them about a incident, or event, such as a yellow flag, safety car, overtake, pit stop, crash or anything and they will instantly be able to relate to it.
Correct! :king:

User avatar
watty
Promising youngster
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Wrightington

Re: F1

Post by watty » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:56 pm

I have spoken...


---------------------------------------------------------------<<<<<<<<<<<The line has been drawn, people

Willy
Ageing international
Posts: 3255
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Brun Lea

Re: F1

Post by Willy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:59 pm

He won't listen to you, Watty. Apparently, due to your avatar, you're a Man Utd fan. :roll:

I'd put my two cents into the topic, but I can safely say, "I don't give a fucking cunting fuck about F1". :D

User avatar
nathanolder
Regular international
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Kent

Re: F1

Post by nathanolder » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:02 pm

Yeah ok mate, if you say so. Iv grown up on Karting for 7 years up untill i was 15, iv also driven single seaters & sports cars alot around silverstone and Brands. No one on here said they had ever done any track racing on driving a 4x4 up a hill or driving a family car around a dusty drive. So you obviously dont think like a racing driver.

Every Lap you start, you just think about that 1 single lap, nothing else. If you nail every lap, your win the race or be in with a shout. You dont drive around thinking..... oh god i hope i finish this race in under 95minutes.

You take each lap as it comes, and all that matters is the 1 lap your on!

Every single lap is crucial, and important.

The race time at the end is a Bonus! Every lap is the most important thing in circuit racing

User avatar
nathanolder
Regular international
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Kent

Re: F1

Post by nathanolder » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:03 pm

Willy wrote:He won't listen to you, Watty. Apparently, due to your avatar, you're a Man Utd fan. :roll:

I'd put my two cents into the topic, but I can safely say, "I don't give a fucking cunting fuck about F1". :D
MotorSport is the best sport ever invented, and F1 is at the top in that sport :D imo

User avatar
watty
Promising youngster
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Wrightington

Re: F1

Post by watty » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:21 pm

watty wrote:I have spoken...


---------------------------------------------------------------<<<<<<<<<<<The line has been drawn, people
:wave:

User avatar
watty
Promising youngster
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Wrightington

Re: F1

Post by watty » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:22 pm

Willy wrote:He won't listen to you, Watty. Apparently, due to your avatar, you're a Man Utd fan. :roll:

I'd put my two cents into the topic, but I can safely say, "I don't give a fucking cunting fuck about F1". :D

Says who? :numpty;

User avatar
watty
Promising youngster
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Wrightington

Re: F1

Post by watty » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:25 pm

nathanolder wrote:Yeah ok mate, if you say so. Iv grown up on Karting for 7 years up untill i was 15, iv also driven single seaters & sports cars alot around silverstone and Brands. No one on here said they had ever done any track racing on driving a 4x4 up a hill or driving a family car around a dusty drive. So you obviously dont think like a racing driver.

Every Lap you start, you just think about that 1 single lap, nothing else. If you nail every lap, your win the race or be in with a shout. You dont drive around thinking..... oh god i hope i finish this race in under 95minutes.

You take each lap as it comes, and all that matters is the 1 lap your on!

Every single lap is crucial, and important.

The race time at the end is a Bonus! Every lap is the most important thing in circuit racing
Oh shut up....your wrong, your like Mark Lawrenson, a so called expert on a subject yet always wrong,


twit!

User avatar
nathanolder
Regular international
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Kent

Re: F1

Post by nathanolder » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:30 pm

I often saw Lewis at the same race meetings week in week out, so there!

Can you understand that you have to have good laps to be able to have a good race.

So you NEED the good LAPS to get a good RACE.

Like making a cake.... you need the ingredients before you can make it, they are the most important thing because thats what they are made from.

A race is made from laps..... so a good race must be filled with good laps

Willy
Ageing international
Posts: 3255
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Brun Lea

Re: F1

Post by Willy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:31 pm

watty wrote:
Willy wrote:He won't listen to you, Watty. Apparently, due to your avatar, you're a Man Utd fan. :roll:

I'd put my two cents into the topic, but I can safely say, "I don't give a fucking cunting fuck about F1". :D

Says who? :numpty;
Says your friend, the 'twit'. :D

User avatar
watty
Promising youngster
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Wrightington

Re: F1

Post by watty » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Willy wrote:
watty wrote:
Willy wrote:He won't listen to you, Watty. Apparently, due to your avatar, you're a Man Utd fan. :roll:

I'd put my two cents into the topic, but I can safely say, "I don't give a fucking cunting fuck about F1". :D

Says who? :numpty;
Says your friend, the 'twit'. :D


well there lies the problem

Post Reply