Brexit....or in.

There must be more to life than football?

Which way would you vote

Remain and voted remain the first time
73%
Leave and voted leave the first time
18%
Remain but voted leave the first time
No votes
Leave but voted remain the first time
9%
Can't be arsed
No votes

Total votes: 11

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re: Brexit....or in.

Post by Rover the Top » Tue May 28, 2019 3:31 pm

Well I think we need a rerun of these European Elections. People may have changed their mind since last Thursday. They didn't undestand the consequences of what they were voting for. They've been misled by the slogan "Bollocks to Brexit" because you can't literally give bollocks to Brexit. And all those who didn't vote may regret it and want to do so now. Plus people didn't all vote the same way as me so the result is obviously null and void. :judge:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue May 28, 2019 9:44 pm

I'm still loving Vince Cable's comment that it's clear that a majority want to cancel Brexit.... from 40% of 37%.

Corbyn comes a close second with the claim that the Labour policy has always been clear... we want a general election, or a referendum, or a confirmatory vote....

And as for Alastair Campbell being kicked out.... :D

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed May 29, 2019 8:51 am

It was hearing Cable on the radio that prompted me to suggest those claiming victory for their viewpoint needed maths lessons.

Oh yes, and here was how his party were splitting the vote before the election: Image

That's 58% in favour of Brexit, Vince... :footinmouth:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu May 30, 2019 2:03 pm

Can't help thinking the Boris Johnson court case is only going to strengthen his support.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:32 am

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/upl ... -final.pdf
The alleged offence set out in the Application for Summons is that the Claimant “repeatedly made and endorsed false and misleading statements concerning the cost of the United Kingdom’s membership of the European Union”. It appears that if the Claimant had said/endorsed a figure of £350m per week gross, or £250m per week net, there would have been no complaint.
:lol:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:49 pm

You’re laughing at your own posts?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:49 pm
You’re laughing at your own posts?
Someone has to...

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:13 am

I thought someone on here had mentioned Magid Magid before, can't find where...

https://www.politico.eu/article/magid-m ... -brussels/

It seems he's had his eyes opened after being voted in as an MEP. It would be easy for Leave supporters to say "told you so", but it's refreshing to see a pro-EU voice admit there is something broken with it's governance - at which point the only disagreement is on whether it can be fixed from within or needs a complete new approach.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:26 pm

Most remainers I know have always agreed with me that the EU is far from perfect but needs fixing from within.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:14 am

Gibbon wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:26 pm
Most remainers I know have always agreed with me that the EU is far from perfect but needs fixing from within.
That's interesting, and I think we'd have a much more productive debate as a nation if the focus was on where the EU was heading and what we could do to shape it. However, I'm guessing your friends aren't amongst the more vocal Remain advocates, as the message across the internet seems to be that the EU is wonderful and anyone who disagrees is an uneducated racist. Reforming the EU from within seems like a good first point of call, but it's been tried and the outcome always seems to be more integration than collaboration. Some welcome that, and that's their right. I think it's dangerous to get too tied in politically and economically, and I think in the long term all member states would be better keeping a level of separation. But given how it's governed, I don't see how that's achievable, there's no way for citizens to shape the direction it goes in. Even when we're given a democratic chance to opt out, we still seem stuck with the status quo.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:02 pm

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:34 pm

And of course Macron disagrees. Because that's what he does.

Politics is so childish.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:07 pm

I really can't understand why refusal to negotiate on an issue that is currently going to result in a hard border in Ireland and a likely return to increased terrorist activity in that area isn't being widely condemned.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:23 am

Just imagine quitting your job and being told it's your responsibility to organise how you'll be replaced.

It just seems plainly weird to me that the EU leaders don't think coming up with a solution to how the EU is affected by a member leaving has anything to do with them. But I guess it serves as a fine example as to why I think the EEC got broken beyond repair.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:57 am

:?

Have his spin doctors spent the weekend wondering what word they could throw in to make "no deal Brexit" sound politically less appealing? "Who's hated more than the Tories? Oh, I know...."