Brexit....or in.

There must be more to life than football?

Which way would you vote

Remain and voted remain the first time
73%
Leave and voted leave the first time
18%
Remain but voted leave the first time
No votes
Leave but voted remain the first time
9%
Can't be arsed
No votes

Total votes: 11

mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Brexit....or in.

Post by mcteeth » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:36 pm

The very fact that there is an investigation is the most important point.

I suppose you have an equally dismissive opinion on the Russian interference report being blocked from publication prior to the election.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:34 am

mcteeth wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:36 pm
The very fact that there is an investigation is the most important point.
What kind of nightmare dystopia do you think we live in where it's only the allegation that counts? The most important part will be if it goes to court with offences being found to have been committed, or whether it ends up going the same way as all the other investigations so far.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:46 am

You mean the one where they were found in breach of the DPA and received a significant fine?

Though I can't quite recall if that was direct to leave or to the agency they were using. Amounts to the same thing, though no doubt you'll dispute that....

It's like arguing with a flat earther, this. :D

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:17 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:46 am
You mean the one where they were found in breach of the DPA and received a significant fine?

Though I can't quite recall if that was direct to leave or to the agency they were using. Amounts to the same thing, though no doubt you'll dispute that....

Reports say it's the Vote Leave/BeLeave spending thing again, where the Electoral Commission referred the matter to police after imposing fines on both. It's already gone through the courts once with the Darren Grimes appeal, and the verdict was that the Electoral Commission had misinterpreted the law and his fine was revoked. I'm not going to speculate about what the outcome of the police investigation will be, nor why they were seeking early advice from the CPS. But I don't think there's anything signinficant to be gleaned from the fact they are investigating, that presumably is standard procedure when the Electoral Commission make a referral, even when they're subsequently found to have been in error. :shrug:

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:38 am

And the blocking of Russian interference report?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:48 am

Rover the Top wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:17 am
mrblackbat wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:46 am

Reports say it's the Vote Leave/BeLeave spending thing again, where the Electoral Commission referred the matter to police after imposing fines on both. It's already gone through the courts once with the Darren Grimes appeal, and the verdict was that the Electoral Commission had misinterpreted the law and his fine was revoked. I'm not going to speculate about what the outcome of the police investigation will be, nor why they were seeking early advice from the CPS. But I don't think there's anything signinficant to be gleaned from the fact they are investigating, that presumably is standard procedure when the Electoral Commission make a referral, even when they're subsequently found to have been in error. :shrug:
Yes you're talking about a different fine. I can understand how it can be confusing giving the number of things that the various leave campaigns have been accused of for processing irregularities during the campaign.

I'm talking about the fines to Arron Banks' from the ICO, not the electoral commission.

https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/news-a ... -messages/

On top of that, there is the GDPR case with AIQ, can't quite remember where that got up to as part of the investigation with Cambridge Analytica.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:06 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:48 am

Yes you're talking about a different fine. I can understand how it can be confusing giving the number of things that the various leave campaigns have been accused of for processing irregularities during the campaign.

I'm talking about the fines to Arron Banks' from the ICO, not the electoral commission.

On top of that, there is the GDPR case with AIQ, can't quite remember where that got up to as part of the investigation with Cambridge Analytica.
You're insane.

The conversation was about the police investigation that's been in the news this week, which follows on from the fines issued by the Electoral Commission, as I stated. So of course that's what I'm talking about. You've joined that conversation, talking about an unrelated fine by a different organisation to different parties for something that wasn't a police matter. It's not me who's confused. :lol:

Do you never bother to read the thread to see what you're responding to?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:25 pm

mcteeth wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:38 am
It's impossible to have an opinion without further facts, I can think of plenty of arguments for and against publishing it.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:49 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:06 pm
mrblackbat wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:48 am

You're insane.

The conversation was about the police investigation that's been in the news this week, which follows on from the fines issued by the Electoral Commission, as I stated. So of course that's what I'm talking about. You've joined that conversation, talking about an unrelated fine by a different organisation to different parties for something that wasn't a police matter. It's not me who's confused. :lol:

Do you never bother to read the thread to see what you're responding to?
Yeah because obviously there could be no correlation made between a group of people acting beyond the law, receiving a fine for it, and the same group of people being accused of acting beyond the law and being brought to justice for it.

I'm obviously completely insane.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:54 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:25 pm
mcteeth wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:38 am
It's impossible to have an opinion without further facts, I can think of plenty of arguments for and against publishing it.
:lol:

Glorious stuff.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:52 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:49 pm

Yeah because obviously there could be no correlation made between a group of people acting beyond the law, receiving a fine for it, and the same group of people being accused of acting beyond the law and being brought to justice for it.

I'm obviously completely insane.
:shrug: Yes. What exactly are you trying to say here? Vote Leave and BeLeave are being investigated by police because the ICO fined Banks and Leave.EU? The police are investigating Banks and Leave.EU rather than Vote Leave/BeLeave (they've already done that and said there was no evidence of criminality)? Banks, Leave.EU, Vote Leave and BeLeave are all one and the same? Banks' data breach fine has fuck all to do with the ongoing investigation, or any police investigation. There is no correlation.

You respond to my comment and then tell me you're talking about something different... Seriously, what the fuck is that? Bonkers. :lol:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:29 pm

It's called correlation. They're being investigated for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to misuse of data, illegal marketing, funding irregularities and so on during their actions over the leave campaign. And given the nature of the campaigns and their reliance upon one another, the companies that they worked with during it, and their funders, they are absolutely able to be correlated.

Next you'll be suggesting it's bonkers to suggest that the Kray brothers' crimes were linked.....

Perhaps you can make "no correlation" your soundbite in a similar way to Trump and no collusion.....

:shrug:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:11 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:29 pm
It's called correlation. They're being investigated for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to misuse of data, illegal marketing, funding irregularities and so on during their actions over the leave campaign. And given the nature of the campaigns and their reliance upon one another, the companies that they worked with during it, and their funders, they are absolutely able to be correlated.

Next you'll be suggesting it's bonkers to suggest that the Kray brothers' crimes were linked.....

Perhaps you can make "no correlation" your soundbite in a similar way to Trump and no collusion.....

:shrug:
You're just making it crystal clear you've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Darren Grimes is not going to be charged by the CPS because Arron Banks was a naughty boy and sent a few emails to databases he held for other purposes. It makes zero sense even to entertain the idea, regardless of what similarities you can find in what they were looking to achieve. Seriously, step away from the Cadwalladr conspiracy theories and find out the actual facts. It may even go some way to de-brainwashing you. :detective:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 am

You're hilarious and delusional. It's still highly amusing that you keep referring to Cadwallardrdrdrd...... :lol: :D

There's clearly only one person round here been brainwashed, plain for all to see, really.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:47 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 am
You're hilarious and delusional.
I'm not the one arguing a police investigation into someone following up a referral by the Electoral Commission is actually because someone else got a fine from the ICO. That would be a textbook example of a delusion. The facts are not your friend here. How deep a hole are you going to dig before you let that reality in?