Brexit....or in.

There must be more to life than football?

Which way would you vote

Remain and voted remain the first time
73%
Leave and voted leave the first time
18%
Remain but voted leave the first time
No votes
Leave but voted remain the first time
9%
Can't be arsed
No votes

Total votes: 11

Gibbon
Promising manager

Re: Brexit....or in.

Post by Gibbon » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:16 pm

More dirty tricks from the Tories...

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Well that's just plain stupid. By all accounts it was a car crash interview, making it an own goal to doctor it. :doh:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm
Well that's just plain stupid. By all accounts it was a car crash interview, making it an own goal to doctor it. :doh:
Any interview conducted by Piers Morgan is a car crash interview.

Did you watch it? Starmer coped reasonably well with an inane line of questioning, and seemed to genuinely try to calmly answer in the face of Morgan’s bluster.

*edit - incidentally, you can find the doctored section 9mins 40sec in.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:28 pm

They're not the only ones making stuff up, of course:

https://fullfact.org/news/lib-dem-leaflet-false-quote/

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:47 am
mrblackbat wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 am
You're hilarious and delusional.
I'm not the one arguing a police investigation into someone following up a referral by the Electoral Commission is actually because someone else got a fine from the ICO. That would be a textbook example of a delusion. The facts are not your friend here. How deep a hole are you going to dig before you let that reality in?
Where did I argue that? I think you're getting very confused here, about what correlation means, and about what I was getting at with my really earlier. But you'd need to have a sense of humour and also not be completely delusional and paranoid that absolutely everything is a dig against you to appreciate that.

Like I've said before: you're clearly a long way down the rabbit hole.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:28 pm
They're not the only ones making stuff up, of course:

https://fullfact.org/news/lib-dem-leaflet-false-quote/
That is an hilarious stretch of reality. Win a bye election.... winning across the whole country!!!!!!

Swinson is irritating, getting close to being as irritating as Nicola Sturgeon.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 pm

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:23 pm

Blimey!

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:50 am

:bye: :-|

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:36 pm

Mowbray25
New signing

Post by Mowbray25 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:04 pm

Im not British and I ask this in peace. Do Britons really want Brexit and what are the positive and negative impact it has to the common people? I keep reading so many differing views and I thought it be best I asked this question directly to Brits.

Furthermore, I have been to Britain twice, the 1st time was to London but I was too young to really remember it. However, the last year I went to Liverpool and I really enjoyed it there, everyone were so kind and friendly. For example, I was standing on the middle of a pavement, looking through my map trying to find a way to the Museum of Liverpool when 2 guys in mid-50s stopped to help me out, without even me asking them for help. This was a real surprise to me. Because the news and some online websites always portray Brits as unfriendly people ,especially to foreigners, which from my experience is untrue, at least in Liverpool. Are those news just 'fake news and fear mongering' or there are parts of Britain where this is true?

Thank you for your response.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:15 pm

Welcome! Britain is split on Brexit with a tiny voting majority leaning towards leave. The main problem is the campaign of criminal misinformation that surrounded the referendum meant that people were voting for things that were never realistically on the table.

The Britain I’m proud of has always been welcoming to well intentioned visitors, but it can’t be denied that Brexit has made the minority of bigots in this country more vocal.

I’m glad you had a good experience in Liverpool. I was born in this country and I’ve been harassed on both occasions that I’ve visited there. 😂

Mowbray25
New signing

Post by Mowbray25 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:25 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:15 pm
Welcome! Britain is split on Brexit with a tiny voting majority leaning towards leave. The main problem is the campaign of criminal misinformation that surrounded the referendum meant that people were voting for things that were never realistically on the table.

The Britain I’m proud of has always been welcoming to well intentioned visitors, but it can’t be denied that Brexit has made the minority of bigots in this country more vocal.

I’m glad you had a good experience in Liverpool. I was born in this country and I’ve been harassed on both occasions that I’ve visited there. 😂
Hello :) Thank you for your reply. I was only around the Liverpool City Center, the only outskirt I went to an old Jewish Golf course which had very friendly people too.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Mowbray25 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:04 pm
Im not British and I ask this in peace. Do Britons really want Brexit and what are the positive and negative impact it has to the common people? I keep reading so many differing views and I thought it be best I asked this question directly to Brits.

Furthermore, I have been to Britain twice, the 1st time was to London but I was too young to really remember it. However, the last year I went to Liverpool and I really enjoyed it there, everyone were so kind and friendly. For example, I was standing on the middle of a pavement, looking through my map trying to find a way to the Museum of Liverpool when 2 guys in mid-50s stopped to help me out, without even me asking them for help. This was a real surprise to me. Because the news and some online websites always portray Brits as unfriendly people ,especially to foreigners, which from my experience is untrue, at least in Liverpool. Are those news just 'fake news and fear mongering' or there are parts of Britain where this is true?

Thank you for your response.
Asking us Brits probably isn't going to clear things up as we all have widely differing views too. Opinion has been split on EU membership since we joined, the general belief prior to the referendum was that slightly more wanted to be in than out. The actual vote showed the reverse was true. And even now there's still a full range of views: there's "hard Brexiteers" who don't want any association with the EU, "hard Remainers" who've sought any means possible to try and overturn the result, less extreme voters from both sides who now just want to go with whatever the government decides, and small numbers of both who've changed their mind since the vote.

And again, there's varying ideas on the impact of leaving, depending on who you ask. I guess the one thing everyone would agree on is that actually having a vote has intensified those opinions, the country being split is now a real every day thing rather than something that was there but nobody talked about. My personal opinion is that for most people, there will be little noticeable change. I hope being free of European politics will benefit the country in the long term as we'll be able to fine tune our dealings with the rest of the world accordingly. I think economies and people are best governed in small compartments, and I've always been wary of intentions in Europe to centralise more. But if the vote had gone the other way, I'd just be getting on with life.

I'm not sure it's right to try and paint British people as more or less friendly than anywhere else in the world. Everyone's different, most are nice and helpful, there's always a few looking for trouble though.