Brexit....or in.

There must be more to life than football?

Which way would you vote

Remain and voted remain the first time
73%
Leave and voted leave the first time
18%
Remain but voted leave the first time
No votes
Leave but voted remain the first time
9%
Can't be arsed
No votes

Total votes: 11

Mowbray25
New signing

Re: Brexit....or in.

Post by Mowbray25 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:16 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:27 pm
Mowbray25 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:04 pm
Im not British and I ask this in peace. Do Britons really want Brexit and what are the positive and negative impact it has to the common people? I keep reading so many differing views and I thought it be best I asked this question directly to Brits.

Furthermore, I have been to Britain twice, the 1st time was to London but I was too young to really remember it. However, the last year I went to Liverpool and I really enjoyed it there, everyone were so kind and friendly. For example, I was standing on the middle of a pavement, looking through my map trying to find a way to the Museum of Liverpool when 2 guys in mid-50s stopped to help me out, without even me asking them for help. This was a real surprise to me. Because the news and some online websites always portray Brits as unfriendly people ,especially to foreigners, which from my experience is untrue, at least in Liverpool. Are those news just 'fake news and fear mongering' or there are parts of Britain where this is true?

Thank you for your response.
Asking us Brits probably isn't going to clear things up as we all have widely differing views too. Opinion has been split on EU membership since we joined, the general belief prior to the referendum was that slightly more wanted to be in than out. The actual vote showed the reverse was true. And even now there's still a full range of views: there's "hard Brexiteers" who don't want any association with the EU, "hard Remainers" who've sought any means possible to try and overturn the result, less extreme voters from both sides who now just want to go with whatever the government decides, and small numbers of both who've changed their mind since the vote.

And again, there's varying ideas on the impact of leaving, depending on who you ask. I guess the one thing everyone would agree on is that actually having a vote has intensified those opinions, the country being split is now a real every day thing rather than something that was there but nobody talked about. My personal opinion is that for most people, there will be little noticeable change. I hope being free of European politics will benefit the country in the long term as we'll be able to fine tune our dealings with the rest of the world accordingly. I think economies and people are best governed in small compartments, and I've always been wary of intentions in Europe to centralise more. But if the vote had gone the other way, I'd just be getting on with life.

I'm not sure it's right to try and paint British people as more or less friendly than anywhere else in the world. Everyone's different, most are nice and helpful, there's always a few looking for trouble though.
True. Even for us it's so mixed to as to whether Brexit is a good or bad thing for Britain. Hope all goes well for you folks.