Wii, 360, or PS3?

There must be more to life than football?

Wii, 360, or PS3?

Total votes: 0

Soxfn1985
New signing

Wii, 360, or PS3?

Post by Soxfn1985 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:52 pm

I have had a Wii now for about a year and for my style of gaming, I couldn't be happier. I wish that they had a little bit more playability online but it doesn't make a difference to me. And for all of you out there who have a Wii, go and get "The Godfather: Blackhand Edition", it is freakin sweet!

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Wii, 360, or PS3?

Post by Dan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:05 pm

The Wii is a lot of fun, i'll give it that.
360 is more of a serious console though

eg, at uni we've got both. If we want a drubken laugh before we go out we get FIFA 2008 up on the Wii and have some fun.
If we want a serious tournament, it's Pro Evo on the 360.

And i've not played the PS3 so i can't comment

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:24 am

360 every time. The Wii is fun but is too gimmicky for my taste. The only good thing about a PS3 is that it's a BlueRay player as well. The cheapest BlueRay player is £300 and a PS3 is cheaper than that (just). Makes no sense really.

Gaming with a Wii is just too much hard work. I wanna relax when I play, not have a full workout. A good "family" console I guess. As Dan said, the 360 is a serious console and it's a real rottweiler piece of technology.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:14 am

Ive got a Wii and a 360 and between the 2 it has to be the 360. 360's have a lot of problems but i still enjoy playing on it far more then anything else.

Played on a PS3 a few times. There good consols, but nothing that really sets them above and beyond the 360. Plus the 360 has a far better controller :D

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:20 am

PS2... :oops:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:38 am

don't understand the concept of a 'serious console'... if i was being serious i would have a PC.

The good wii games are not numerous enough yet, but they show that the new control method is just as good in my opinion... .the gimmicky games just add to the package.

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:53 am

I have wii and I love it. I haven't played the other two consoles though so I couldn't really comment on them.

for my 'serious' gaming I use a PC.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:33 am

theadore wrote:don't understand the concept of a 'serious console'... if i was being serious i would have a PC.

The good wii games are not numerous enough yet, but they show that the new control method is just as good in my opinion... .the gimmicky games just add to the package.
The good wii games are seriously lacking in number, which is the only problem. I've just bought my first game since the ones I got straight after buying the console...

However; the control system is neither gimmicky or a work-out, and it works very well; and anything the 360 or PS3 can do a PC can do way better, in my opinion.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:39 am

The Wii's the most interesting console, but I think it's proving too original for game developers to get their heads around. I keep reading about Xboxes breaking down, which doesn't sound like a useful toy to me, and PS3s cost way too much for me to even consider what it has to offer.

Personally, I find arcade-style games work better on the PS2, whilst the PC is better for strategic games. The Wii has the potential to be the most fun, but needs a range of games as yet.

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Post by RoverWithALimp » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:02 am

PS3 is amazing, i got it. and all the stuff about the games being to expensive are rubbish, just have to know where to look! :lol:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:33 am

RoverWithALimp wrote:PS3 is amazing, i got it. and all the stuff about the games being to expensive are rubbish, just have to know where to look! :lol:
By that, do you mean have no qualms about breaking the law? :scratch:

Not even looked at the games, £300 for a games machine is OTT, particularly when the previous incarnation isn't lacking. £100 or less, and I'll consider having a look.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:40 pm

RoverWithALimp wrote:PS3 is amazing, i got it. and all the stuff about the games being to expensive are rubbish, just have to know where to look! :lol:
PS3's are good, but i wouldnt say there amazing. Dont have the quantity or quality of games that the 360 has yet, and its lost a lot of its exclusive titles.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Rover the Top wrote:The Wii's the most interesting console, but I think it's proving too original for game developers to get their heads around. I keep reading about Xboxes breaking down, which doesn't sound like a useful toy to me, and PS3s cost way too much for me to even consider what it has to offer.

Personally, I find arcade-style games work better on the PS2, whilst the PC is better for strategic games. The Wii has the potential to be the most fun, but needs a range of games as yet.
My second one has just fucked up, but microsoft are good when it comes to replacing them. Send the broken one back and then they send you a brand new unit with an extended 3yr warrenty. Fuckin irrataing when it happens but TBH as long as i get a working machine back then i have no complaints

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Gouldy wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:The Wii's the most interesting console, but I think it's proving too original for game developers to get their heads around. I keep reading about Xboxes breaking down, which doesn't sound like a useful toy to me, and PS3s cost way too much for me to even consider what it has to offer.

My second one has just fucked up, but microsoft are good when it comes to replacing them. Send the broken one back and then they send you a brand new unit with an extended 3yr warrenty. Fuckin irrataing when it happens but TBH as long as i get a working machine back then i have no complaints
I'm sure you'd have even less complaints if it just didn't break.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:58 pm

Maybe it's just as much fun packing the broken machine up to send back, and playing 'guess when the courier is going to deliver the replacement'?