2019/2020 season

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Duggywerefab
Promising youngster
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:58 am
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by Duggywerefab » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:40 pm

will he wear Number 10 or 11 Downing's Street?

EwoodElite
New signing
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by EwoodElite » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi all!

First time poster here. Be gentle!

Has anyone seen any leaks/images of the 19/20 kit? I hear it's due for release early next month?

User avatar
Darth Rover
Ageing international
Posts: 4379
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 6:27 pm
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by Darth Rover » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:52 pm

EwoodElite wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:08 pm
Hi all!

First time poster here. Be gentle!

Has anyone seen any leaks/images of the 19/20 kit? I hear it's due for release early next month?
Welcome to the site...not seen any new strips yet other than the training kit. Hopefully the home kit will be blue and white halves :D and no red bits on it. Away kit well we have had red and black and then the yellow so its either going to be red again or something different. More than likely it will clash with everyone elses home kit so we won't see much of it. How about the burnt orange shirt with silver shorts again!

EwoodElite
New signing
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by EwoodElite » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Darth Rover wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:52 pm
EwoodElite wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:08 pm
Hi all!

First time poster here. Be gentle!

Has anyone seen any leaks/images of the 19/20 kit? I hear it's due for release early next month?
Welcome to the site...not seen any new strips yet other than the training kit. Hopefully the home kit will be blue and white halves :D and no red bits on it. Away kit well we have had red and black and then the yellow so its either going to be red again or something different. More than likely it will clash with everyone elses home kit so we won't see much of it. How about the burnt orange shirt with silver shorts again!
Thanks!

I'd like to see us revert back to the more traditional blue. Shame the sponsor will remain the same. Haven't had a decent sponsor in a long while.

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 7039
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by Dan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:48 am

EwoodElite wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:45 pm
I'd like to see us revert back to the more traditional blue. Shame the sponsor will remain the same. Haven't had a decent sponsor in a long while.
What counts as a decent sponsor?

EwoodElite
New signing
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by EwoodElite » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:54 am

Dan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:48 am
EwoodElite wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:45 pm
I'd like to see us revert back to the more traditional blue. Shame the sponsor will remain the same. Haven't had a decent sponsor in a long while.
What counts as a decent sponsor?
Preferably not a betting/payday loan/insurance company, something that looks good on the shirt...you know, those important things you need to consider when making a business decision!

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9810
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by theadore » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:30 am

EwoodElite wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:54 am


Preferably not a betting/payday loan company
This.

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 7039
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by Dan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:24 pm

EwoodElite wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:54 am
Dan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:48 am
EwoodElite wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:45 pm
I'd like to see us revert back to the more traditional blue. Shame the sponsor will remain the same. Haven't had a decent sponsor in a long while.
What counts as a decent sponsor?
Preferably not a betting/payday loan/insurance company, something that looks good on the shirt...you know, those important things you need to consider when making a business decision!
I can agree with that, betting companies are becoming the default option for shirt sponsorship, but there's so much money in the industry now it's easy to see why clubs are happy to go for it. Money talks, especially in football, where moral and ethical decisions don't matter so much a lot of the time.

It's s long time since we had one that wasn't one of finanace/insurance/betting though
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Blackbu ... Rovers.htm

mcteeth
Ageing international
Posts: 4470
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:44 am
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by mcteeth » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:17 pm

We'll also have a sleeve sponsor and back of shirt sponsor. Do we know if Watson Ramsbottom Solicitor will be back of shirt sponsor again? Think the deal was only for last season. Then the recruitment consultancy Monday at Nine were a sleeve sponsor for the FA Cup game against Newcastle.

Guessing we'll be looking for season long deals for both sleeve and back of shirt, and yeah hopefully not betting companies or payday loans.

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 18403
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by Gibbon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:31 pm

If we can't secure a sleeve sponsor, do we not get sleeves?

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13801
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:54 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:31 pm
If we can't secure a sleeve sponsor, do we not get sleeves?
What if we get 3? Polo necks?

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 7039
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by Dan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:55 pm

Ethiaa wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:54 pm
Gibbon wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:31 pm
If we can't secure a sleeve sponsor, do we not get sleeves?
What if we get 3? Polo necks?
Socks

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27946
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:00 pm

Getting the shorts sponsored seems a priority to me...

EwoodElite
New signing
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by EwoodElite » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Absolutely no substance to this whatsoever but found a couple of 'concept' kits for next season. Just a bit of fun...

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/f ... e-16501899

WacoRover
Ageing international
Posts: 3021
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 pm
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind
Contact:

Re: 2019/2020 season

Post by WacoRover » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:52 am

Darth Rover wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:52 pm
EwoodElite wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:08 pm
Hi all!

First time poster here. Be gentle!

Has anyone seen any leaks/images of the 19/20 kit? I hear it's due for release early next month?
Welcome to the site...not seen any new strips yet other than the training kit. More than likely it will clash with everyone elses home kit so we won't see much of it. How about the burnt orange shirt with silver shorts again!
I’m a Longhorn fan, so Burnt Orange is my usual attire, anyway! :D
Hook ‘em!

Post Reply