zeffania
Promising youngster

Lewis Holtby

Post by zeffania » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:59 pm

mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Lewis Holtby

Post by mcteeth » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:10 pm

Fair enough, he should be a very decent player at this level my concern is how much we're paying him.

On paper in terms of a creative midfielder he represents an upgrade on Evans, Gladwin, Davenport, Buckley and Rothwell. Although I'd have been happier to see the continued use of Rothwell and Buckley getting more minutes.

Not sure where he is going to play and he doesn't get in the side ahead of Dack unless he proves otherwise.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:59 pm

Tony Mowbray wanted Harrison Read back on loan before Fulham offered more money so it is not a surprise that he has brought in another midfielder. It was his birthday yesterday but even at the age of 29 he still can be described as being at his best. Got a good feeling about Lewis Holtby being a Rovers player. He is ex Premier League and ex Bundesliga and not yet thirty years old and we got him for nothing. Whats not to like!

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Probably see him play a sub role in a couple of matches. I imagine he won't be immediately sent out, getting up to fitness and what not.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:37 am

Interesting views from spurs fans.

I saw equally positive stuff from Fulham fans too when they found out he was available, right up until we signed him, then it all turned a bit sour. :x

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:27 am

Agreed on this sounding like a fairly solid signing. The midfield does appear a bit crowded now, but that is TM’s problem (hopefully, a good one!)

zeffania
Promising youngster

Post by zeffania » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:00 am

Good cameo against Reading, he has a nice left foot by the looks of a few of his passes as well as his running and finding space around the Reading defence