General Election

There must be more to life than football?
Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re: General Election

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:34 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:58 am
So Sunak was PM a month ago? The Tory members voted in Truss (someone white) ahead of Sunak. Truss, of all people. Might as well have been the tub o' lard....

Keep digging.... perhaps you'll dispute that Truss won....

Please do point me to the Tory leadership election where the membership voted in a non white candidate?

Or perhaps we should open the discussion up as to why we have these morons in power at all given 33 million people didn't vote for them, compared to their 13 million. Guess you'll be all for PR next, huh?

As for being anti anything, the only thing that's been apparent for absolutely donkeys is how anti Labour you are. Which is very sad; the Tories stand for the rich, Labour, for their faults, stand to try and benefit those who need it.
Nice tantrum. But still nothing to substantiate your claim that Tory members would vote for "anyone white" ahead of Sunak (yes I've noticed your attempts to change it to "someone" :roll: ). I mean you're literally proving yourself wrong by stating that about 60k of them did vote for Sunak. Truss won, but only with a minority of the party's backing, meaning the majority didn't vote for "anyone white". Not a hard concept to understand, and I'm not sure why you're pretending to be so pigheaded you can't follow it.

As to why she won, I'd love to actually see you try and prove that those 80k were all motivated purely by racism rather than the financial incentives she was promising. Or that they didn't like how Sunak had behaved in getting rid of Johnson. Or they didn't like that Sunak has been putting up taxes for everyone whilst his wife exploits the non-dom rules. Or any other number of reasons. The evidence is there that different combinations of candidates would have produced different results. And it doesn't take a lot of imagination to come up with a list of people who'd never be chosen to be Conservative leader.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:34 pm
mrblackbat wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:58 am
So Sunak was PM a month ago? The Tory members voted in Truss (someone white) ahead of Sunak. Truss, of all people. Might as well have been the tub o' lard....

Keep digging.... perhaps you'll dispute that Truss won....

Please do point me to the Tory leadership election where the membership voted in a non white candidate?

Or perhaps we should open the discussion up as to why we have these morons in power at all given 33 million people didn't vote for them, compared to their 13 million. Guess you'll be all for PR next, huh?

As for being anti anything, the only thing that's been apparent for absolutely donkeys is how anti Labour you are. Which is very sad; the Tories stand for the rich, Labour, for their faults, stand to try and benefit those who need it.
Nice tantrum. But still nothing to substantiate your claim that Tory members would vote for "anyone white" ahead of Sunak (yes I've noticed your attempts to change it to "someone" :roll: ). I mean you're literally proving yourself wrong by stating that about 60k of them did vote for Sunak. Truss won, but only with a minority of the party's backing, meaning the majority didn't vote for "anyone white". Not a hard concept to understand, and I'm not sure why you're pretending to be so pigheaded you can't follow it.

As to why she won, I'd love to actually see you try and prove that those 80k were all motivated purely by racism rather than the financial incentives she was promising. Or that they didn't like how Sunak had behaved in getting rid of Johnson. Or they didn't like that Sunak has been putting up taxes for everyone whilst his wife exploits the non-dom rules. Or any other number of reasons. The evidence is there that different combinations of candidates would have produced different results. And it doesn't take a lot of imagination to come up with a list of people who'd never be chosen to be Conservative leader.
"Tantrum" :lol:

Resorting to the personal as always.

Saying "the Tory membership" doesn't mean every single one of them. It means collectively. Collectively they voted in Liz Truss ahead of Sunak. Liz... Truss....

Point proven.

Someone/anyone... well you have to vote someone in, don't you? Other than that, nothing meant by it. The Tory membership would vote in anyone white ahead of Sunak. I.e. have an election that went to the membership, and the winning candidate would be white in a competition against Sunak. Not especially difficult to understand.... but when you're digging, you're going to dig.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:11 am

I think anyone who could be arsed reading this thread would have long ago realised it was entirely personal from the outset :D

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:33 am

When this happens I just retreat and put imaginary police incident tape around the thread.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:29 pm

:lol: