Individual game tickets.

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Individual game tickets.

Post by WacoRover » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:47 am

Judging from the website, there is no way to buy tickets to individual fixtures beyond August. Is that correct?

The only game Rovers play while we’re in England is at Reading. Is it easier just to get tickets from their website, or at the day of the match?

Y’all be kind to me; remember I’m a Texan who has never been to a real football game before. Thanks!

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Individual game tickets.

Post by Dan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:24 am

Tickets don't usually go on sale until a few weeks before the game, sometimes even closer to the time for away matches.

Call the ticket office nearer the time, they're helpful and they'll tell you the best way.

Franco_ice
Valued squad member

Post by Franco_ice » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:59 pm

WacoRover wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:47 am
Judging from the website, there is no way to buy tickets to individual fixtures beyond August. Is that correct?

The only game Rovers play while we’re in England is at Reading. Is it easier just to get tickets from their website, or at the day of the match?

Y’all be kind to me; remember I’m a Texan who has never been to a real football game before. Thanks!
superb enjoy , hope i can to make it once.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:23 am

Waco you'll be fine getting tickets for the away end at Reading.

I wouldn't expect them to go on sale through the Rovers ticket office until around the 1st September and it should follow a usual phased selling pattern. They will be on sale for about a week to season ticket holders and then club 1875 members and will then go on general sale I would imagine around the 7th-10th September.

I go to most away games in the south and for a normal away game such as this we would never sell out our full allocation so you won't have an issue in terms of tickets being available on general sale.

Just check the ticket information on the site when you're here and it'll explain the phased selling and dates for general sale then just call the ticket office. You're only issue would be that if you can't collect them in person from Ewood due to where you're travelling they normally post tickets to your address, so don't know if you'll have a fixed address whilst here or they can send them down to Reading for collection at the ground on the day. Just speak to them as the staff in our ticket office are very helpful.

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Many thanks! I feel better about getting away tickets now.

If there’s any chance we can get together while in Reading, I would really enjoy that.

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:53 pm

One more question, mcteeth...
Is there any way just to walk up to the box office at Madewski on game day & buy them?

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:12 pm

In terms of sales on the day that will simply depend at the time. As per the phased selling if there are a decent amount of away tickets left they are sometimes then on sale on the day at the stadium. I've never known any particular consistency with games where this does or doesn't happen aside from obvious derbies where it wouldn't happen. But that only gets announced a couple of days before the match, it can also be a hassle in terms of queuing for a while on the day at Reading's ticket office.

Feel free to DM me as happy to help out with tickets if it's going to be problematic as I'm definitely going with my Dad and possibly wife if I can convince her to come but she's already in for Fulham away so that might be her fill for the season :lol:

Also happy to meet up too at the game.

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:08 pm

That sounds great, mcteeth... you’ve been a great help.
I’m looking forward to it.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:07 pm

No problem at all. Just drop me a DM and we can sort something out.