Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

What should every poll include?

Win/lose/draw
0
No votes
Ability to tick a second option, ideally involving ticks but not getting Lyme disease while eating limes
3
33%
Mark Kerr should in every Football Manager game
0
No votes
The Nordic Bakeware will be dug up by Igor Tudor
1
11%
The day the Kestrels came is the 11th hour deal we have been truly hovering over
0
No votes
Giving arable farmers the choice to pasteurize their concerns
0
No votes
Letting gibbons have the rigmarole over finding Nordic Bakeware
3
33%
Every poll should be included. Except the ones by fake news. They are just bad, bad hombres. They don't like me in their polls. And their polls are never honest. I am always honest. I have always been honest. I never told a lie, bigly. The fake news has been telling big league lies about me. That's all they do is lie. Big lies. Ocean sized lies. But that's why we need to include all the polls. The polls about me are always 100% true. They tell the best things about me, because I only have great things to do. I never do anything wrong. That's why I am making an executive order to direct the poll takers to have multiple options to choose, to Make Poll Taking Great Again!
2
22%
 
Total votes: 9

User avatar
Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international
Posts: 2318
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Contact:

Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:25 pm

Making this one early because of reasons.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 pm
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by WacoRover » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 pm

I look at the table and see teams like Stoke & Huddersfield in the drop zone, and I am grateful we got 7 points from our last four, which exceeded my expectations. But, it’s not time for complacency, we gotta keep climbing up the table before I get to Blackburn!

First four nights we are staying near Hyde Park, before going to the northwest. We’re going to the Reading game, that, and taking an Ewood tour. Also, probably going to Anfield, and doing a London after Dark tour. Other than those, I’m open for ideas.

User avatar
Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international
Posts: 2318
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:31 pm

Take a dump in Burnley.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27585
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:48 am

WacoRover wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 pm
I look at the table and see teams like Stoke & Huddersfield in the drop zone, and I am grateful we got 7 points from our last four, which exceeded my expectations. But, it’s not time for complacency, we gotta keep climbing up the table before I get to Blackburn!

First four nights we are staying near Hyde Park, before going to the northwest. We’re going to the Reading game, that, and taking an Ewood tour. Also, probably going to Anfield, and doing a London after Dark tour. Other than those, I’m open for ideas.
What's the appeal of Anfield?

User avatar
RoverthePennines
Regular international
Posts: 1346
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:48 pm
Location: Göteborg
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by RoverthePennines » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:56 am

Rover the Top wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:48 am
WacoRover wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 pm
I look at the table and see teams like Stoke & Huddersfield in the drop zone, and I am grateful we got 7 points from our last four, which exceeded my expectations. But, it’s not time for complacency, we gotta keep climbing up the table before I get to Blackburn!

First four nights we are staying near Hyde Park, before going to the northwest. We’re going to the Reading game, that, and taking an Ewood tour. Also, probably going to Anfield, and doing a London after Dark tour. Other than those, I’m open for ideas.
What's the appeal of Anfield?
I've always thought that aesthetically, it's basically Ewood Park, without the Riverside. It's not worth going to though. Even on a match day

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27585
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:58 am

RoverthePennines wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:56 am

I've always thought that aesthetically, it's basically Ewood Park, without the Riverside. It's not worth going to though. Even on a match day
Unless Rovers are playing there of course.

mcteeth
Ageing international
Posts: 4229
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:44 am
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by mcteeth » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:07 pm

I'd say prior to the new main stand a Anfield was a slight let down when I first went, expecting to be wowed. I'd imagine it is a bit more impressive now. I guess it's more about the history and atmosphere so being there for a game would be much better than just a stadium tour.

Tottenham's new stadium would be the one to visit in my opinion if it was just a tour.

Waco - Reading tickets are on general sale to anyone from 10th September FYI https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/augu ... reading-a/

WacoRover
Ageing international
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 pm
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by WacoRover » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Thanks, mcteeth!

User avatar
zeffania
Promising youngster
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:56 am
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by zeffania » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:57 am

WacoRover wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 pm
We’re going to the Reading game
I'll be there too. Have persuaded my Liverpool supporting mate to follow us over the last 2 seasons so he will be coming along with his lad for his first game. My boys first away game following the home Boro win, fingers crossed he is a lucky omen.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 pm
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by WacoRover » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:25 pm

zeffania wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:57 am
WacoRover wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 pm
We’re going to the Reading game
I'll be there too. Have persuaded my Liverpool supporting mate to follow us over the last 2 seasons so he will be coming along with his lad for his first game. My boys first away game following the home Boro win, fingers crossed he is a lucky omen.
Be on the lookout for me; I will probably be the only guy in Blue & White, wearing a Burnt Orange, Texas Longhorns cap!

User avatar
Darth Rover
Ageing international
Posts: 4285
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 6:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by Darth Rover » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:12 am

Anfield is a dump of a place. The stadium is ok but the surrounding area is rough as a bears arse. You'd be better going to the Liverpool docks and taking in the maritime exhibitions and the Liver building and maybe going on the Beatles tour and seeing the Cavern club. There is a lot of world famous history up north. A lot of visitors go to Haworth just over the border into Yorkshire which is the area where the Bronte family resided. Then there is the lake district. Coniston lake where Donald Campbell met his death attempting the world speed record. But if its all about football then there are many places to see. You can even buy a club if you want. Bury FC.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 pm
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by WacoRover » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Yes, we plan on doing a Beatles tour. We are staying near the docks, & plan on taking in the sights there.

User avatar
RoverthePennines
Regular international
Posts: 1346
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:48 pm
Location: Göteborg
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by RoverthePennines » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:25 pm

The Anglican cathedral is worth a visit too

User avatar
zeffania
Promising youngster
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:56 am
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by zeffania » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:34 pm

WacoRover wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:25 pm
Be on the lookout for me; I will probably be the only guy in Blue & White, wearing a Burnt Orange, Texas Longhorns cap!
:lol:

Will do. I will be in the family enclosure

User avatar
El Sphero
Promising youngster
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 7:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Millwall, Sat 14 Sept 2019, KO 15:00

Post by El Sphero » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Clearly Waco is going to Anfield to re-imagine us winning the league there :yeahright:

Post Reply