Stoke City v Blackburn Rovers, Sat, 30 Nov 2019, KO 15:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Mowbray Out?

Mowbray Out
No votes
Mowbray OUT
No votes
MOWBRAY out
40%
Kestrels Hovering
20%
Whoopi Gibbons
No votes
Arable Land
No votes
Roman Marchers
No votes
Igor Tudor IN
No votes
Nordic Casserole
40%

Total votes: 5

stillgrowling
Valued squad member

Re: Stoke City v Blackburn Rovers, Sat, 30 Nov 2019, KO 15:00

Post by stillgrowling » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:39 pm

One of the biggest factors in our recent form has been the partnership between Tosin and Lenihan. I can see Tosin being a regular first teamer for City next year, he is going to be difficult for Mowbray to replace.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:10 pm

stillgrowling wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:39 pm
One of the biggest factors in our recent form has been the partnership between Tosin and Lenihan. I can see Tosin being a regular first teamer for City next year, he is going to be difficult for Mowbray to replace.
If he is able to cut out some of the misplaced passes, he will be really good. I think that's what is holding him back.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:23 pm

El Sphero wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:56 pm
Can’t remember the last time we won 3 in a row in the championship :D
April. 4 on the trot: 2-0 at home to Derby, 2-1 at Forest, 2-1 at QPR, 2-0 v Bolton.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:34 pm

I think the Barnsley game was the catalyst to help get us out of the rut we were in. Found it odd that people were still being negative about the performance despite winning. Granted we didn't play particularly well but dug in, scored 3 and found a way to win. The Championship is very much like that, so often games sit on a fine margin and it was also fairly typical of Barnsley's season, they're actually quite a good attacking side and have scored a decent amount of goals this season and been competitive against most teams, they just cannot defend and let in silly goals.

We clearly performed much better against Brentford and Stoke and it would feel like sour grapes if their fans were bemoaning the loss. Two moments of brilliant 1 and 2 touch football in both games gave us the winning goals and we defended pretty well. They were goals worthy of beating anyone in this division and as always it is fine margins and we did enough to tip those games in our favour.

We were absolutely brilliant against Notts Forest and drew for example, likewise I don't think Preston did much or play that well and beat is 3-2, it happens.