My trip to Ewood.

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

My trip to Ewood.

Post by WacoRover » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:01 pm

We went to Ewood Park back in September; train from Liverpool to Preston, changed trains to Blackburn (yall know how it's done, ha)

Jenny was our guide...she asked me what we wanted to see, I told her everything, & she obliged us. Locker rooms, Tony's hospitality suite, the original 1875 boardroom, etc. All the staff treated us royally. We are just two, ol' Texans, but thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Ewood. Enjoy!

A special thanks to Ethiaa for helping me post these! (until we can fix 'em, use your imagination on the sideways, and upside down)

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re: My trip to Ewood.

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:26 pm

It literally turned his world upside down.

(this will make no sense once I fix the picture orientation)

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:49 pm

Ethiaa wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:26 pm
It literally turned his world upside down.

(this will make no sense once I fix the picture orientation)
Ha ha, many thanks, Ethiaa!!

Jenny was a great host. She has worked for Rovers since 1996, so she has known ‘em all...Shearer, Cole, Freidel, etc. she said Freidel is “lovely man” & one of her faves, as he & his wife visit Ewood often. She said Le Saux was very nice (I better not say the two players that she didn’t care much for, lol). As she has been at the club so long, she had a lot of insight into the club. She said her favorite part of her job is getting to know the players parents.

My favorite pic is us standing on the pitch... thinking of all the great players that had been across that very spot. We were standing there, I asked my wife, “don’t you get chills standing here?!” She just gave a flat, “no”, women don’t understand what’s important, lol.

A side note to the boardroom; plaques of the original 92 members of the EFL are around the room. Board members down through the years unanimously detest both MU & burnley, so those plaques end up behind the door, lol. Also, several years ago a board member died sometime during a meeting. Nobody knew until they got up to leave!

I also attended the Reading/Blackburn game (& got to visit briefly with mcteeth, definitely not as long as I wanted), & while in Liverpool, we toured the Anfield museum. I have pic’s of that trip too, I’m sure y’all have been there & don’t care to see it, lol (our son is a huge Liverpool fan).

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:14 am

Glad you enjoyed the tour!

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:33 pm

Glad you got to visit and see some matches! This just makes me jealous and can't wait to do this next year when I get some vacation time.

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:44 pm

Thanks, guys! It was a blast, and I hope not a “once in a lifetime” kinda deal. Loads of other pic’s at Ewood.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:07 pm

This is great, though making me ashamed that I live in the same country as the club and still I've never done that tour. :oops:

Duggywerefab
Promising youngster

Post by Duggywerefab » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:57 am

Waco, finally got to see the pics and they are fab! So glad that they looked after you as my namesake said they would.

I wish I could have done that with you (I think we passed each other on the M6 as I headed north, well M6 for me, train for you, there is that spot in Staffs where it goes over the railway, maybe that was it) - maybe next time.

I thought your missus would be feeling chills the minute she got off the plane being from TX!

Thanks for sharing (and Ethiaa too), lovely to see this, everyone should do it, the staff are chuffed when people like us show up.

Up the Rovers,

Duggy

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:48 am

Duggy,
Couldn’t have done it without you, my friend.

We had a great time in Liverpool, even if we weren’t there long enough. Three other high points of our trip: I loved our day trip to Leeds castle, Dover & Canterbury. Also, we enjoyed Bath; my second time there, her first. Bath “after dark”, comedy/magic act, walking tour, was hilarious. And, the Jack the Ripper tour in Whitechapel, we definitely got to see parts of the city we would have not seen otherwise.

Duggywerefab
Promising youngster

Post by Duggywerefab » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:03 am

Waco,

You obviously didn't do the Barbary Coast tour in Blackburn by night around 1968 either! - that might be stretching some readers on here too.

I lived near Bath in the 80's, nice town but full of bloody tourists!

Up the Rovers,

Duggy

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:22 pm

Barbary coast tour, eh? Sounds interesting.