Quarentine Edition: Barnsley v Blackburn Rovers, Tue 30 June 2020, KO 1800

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

What is in Barnsley?

Barns
11%
More barns
No votes
A couple of barns
No votes
Barns full of gibbons
44%
Barns for Kestrels to perch on
33%
Barns quartering the Romans
No votes
Barns with Igor Tudor's prized Nordic Bakeware
No votes
Barns owned by the arable farmers
11%

Total votes: 9

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Re: Quarentine Edition: Barnsley v Blackburn Rovers, Tue 30 June 2020, KO 1800

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:29 pm

It goes without saying some of it is on Mowbray. He definitely chooses the players he wants to sign and plays them. Downing is still good at this level. Mulgrew actually looked useful with his long balls, just rusty on defense.

I just hope Brereton red card gets overturned. From what I heard, it was absolutely not.

Dutch
New signing

Post by Dutch » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:04 pm

New blood is an unrealistic expectation imo, covid has crippled football finances so I'd expect the squad to stay largely the same, bar free-agents.

I still believe there are some good youngsters ready to make the jump, look at how Travis, Buckley and JRC have stepped up this season.

Magloire, Grayson, Chapman, carter, Butterworth should all be in the first team squad next year, let some of the senior flops walk.

I like Samuel but Butterworth is more worthwhile for us, Johnson, mulgrew, graham, Smallwood etc have to go for the youth to take a chance.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:07 pm

Thanks, Thor.

I do not doubt what you say about Mulgrew. Still wondering the good sense of Mulgrew being our Captain; loaning him to Wigan, where he was ineffective; taking him back; now starting him, and he was perhaps one of the few that actually played his position?! Lol, it’s almost laughable. A 34-year old defender who although beyond his prime, was one of the few bright spots today.

The season still has six games to go, but we had our chance the last two games and wet the bed. I still won’t be surprised if Rovers pull off a win over Leeds, but the season is quickly turning into a stink, what with 0-2 scores to two of the catfish teams of the league.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 pm

Dutch wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:04 pm
New blood is an unrealistic expectation imo, covid has crippled football finances so I'd expect the squad to stay largely the same, bar free-agents.

I still believe there are some good youngsters ready to make the jump, look at how Travis, Buckley and JRC have stepped up this season.

Magloire, Grayson, Chapman, carter, Butterworth should all be in the first team squad next year, let some of the senior flops walk.

I like Samuel but Butterworth is more worthwhile for us, Johnson, mulgrew, graham, Smallwood etc have to go for the youth to take a chance.
I endorse this message... youth movement At Blackburn Rovers!